Friday, June 19, 2015

It's a Fiery and Fierce Friday!

          Today has been very eventful, and it is only 10 'o Clock! I didn't get much sleep last night due to a pretty gnarly thunder and lightning storm. Then, woke up to the town siren going off. Usually it only goes off at the hours of noon and 6pm. When the siren alarms at any other time, there has been an accident, the fire department is being deployed, or there is a tornado coming. I am happy to say there were NO tornadoes! Regretfully, there was a large semi truck carrying diesel fuel that caught on fire at the Cenex gas station. As if the fact that the truck was on fire wasn't bad enough, we had to add a HIGHLY combustible compound to the mix. Oh boy. Luckily the truck driver got out okay. As for the semi, it was burnt to pieces. The firemen did a great job at containing the fire and putting a stop to it. The only way I assume this is because the town hasn't blown up!

          After the exciting almost near destruction of Stanley, I get a text from Mel reading, "Be careful outside today, pack of wild dogs or wolves roaming around town not sure which one." I then asked him where, and he replied with Main Street. Well shit. Main Street is just a 3 minute human walk from our house. So after a near miss with being blown to smithereens, now I have to potentially face a pack of lost and hungry wolves while walking my Dog. I decided today wasn't a good day for a stroll in our secluded back yard with the Dog. Instead, I took him in the front yard, where everyone could find me if somehow I were to come face to face with these animals. I guess the days of a happy, fat, old black bear, or your average thieving raccoon going through your garbage is a day of the past for me. The picture quality isn't very good, but here is a picture I received from Mel of the curious beastly's.

          I wonder what I will see next? Purple Aliens in a spacecraft landing in my back yard would not surprise me at this point. Bring it on!



Happy Trails!





3 comments:

  1. I hear the purple aliens are friendly. Maybe they'll save you from the wolves ;) Be Safe!! And carry a metal bat with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! A local told me they are alaskan malamute/husky mixed breeds. Welp, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a WOLF! lol

      Delete